The work that God has entrusted to His church is far greater than any one congregation could ever handle on its own. Therefore, Calvary is honored to partner with a variety of organizations – locally, nationally, and internationally – in order to expand our capacity for being a blessing to others. As a Baptist congregation, many of Calvary’s primary partners are the Baptist bodies that facilitate cooperative mission and ministry.
- Surry Baptist Association
- Baptist State Convention of North Carolina
- Cooperative Baptist Fellowship of North Carolina
- Southern Baptist Convention
- Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
In addition to these Baptist connections, Calvary is pleased to partner with several local ministries that allow us to meet needs and promote wholeness among the people of our immediate community. These ministries include:
- Blue Ridge CareNet Counseling: a professional, community-based counseling organization affiliated with Wake Forest Baptist Health that improves the health of the mind, body, spirit and community through faith-integrated counseling, psychotherapy, research and education.
- Children’s Center of Surry County: an organization that serves children and families in and around Surry County, North Carolina through a variety of programs and services.
- Foothills Young Life: Serving teenagers in Surry and Stokes counties, YoungLife meets students on their turf and in their culture to build relationships through which they experience the gospel. Through weekly Bible studies and club meetings, camp experiences, and life-on-life mentoring, YoungLife has a proven track record of introducing teens to God’s love.
- Gideons International: an association of Christian business and professional men who are dedicated to saving the lost through personal witnessing and the distribution of God’s Word in more than 190 countries around the world.
- Greater Mount Airy Area Habitat for Humanity: a locally run affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, this ecumenical Christian housing organization works in partnership with people in need to build and renovate decent, affordable housing.
- Red Cross of Surry County: prevents and relieves suffering, here at home and around the world, by coordinating disaster relief, supporting military families, collecting blood donations, providing health and safety education.
- Shepherd’s House: a 24-hour homeless shelter designed to help clients get back on their feet through programs that emphasize discipleship, financial responsibility, hard work, and discipline.
- Salvation Army of Mount Airy: provides programs and services designed to restore broken lives, to build healthy relationships, and to develop and encourage people of all ages.
- Surry Christian Counseling Center: an outreach of the Surry Baptist Association provided in conjunction with Associates in Christian Counseling in Winston Salem, North Carolina, the Surry Christian Counseling Center uses the tools of the mental health profession, the truths of the Bible, and the wisdom of life experience to help those in need.
- Yokefellow Cooperative Ministry: a collaboration of churches in and around Mount Airy, North Carolina, that seeks to emergency food assistance to working families in need.